Sunday, January 24, 2010

Richie Cunning: "Night Train"



I'm not really one to fuck with reviews. With music being such a subjective art form, my favorites are bound to be different from yours... and I'm usually not trusting the opinion of someone who hasn't demonstrated a certain taste level. With that said take my advice and cop that Richie Cunning "Night Train" album right the fuck now. I got hip to this cat seeing the Rec-League dudes open for TopR time and time again and was always impressed. The album release party on Jan. 15th was off the damn chain... definitely one of the livest hip-hop shows I've ever seen. DJ Kevvy Kev, Melina Jones and The Rec-League opened up and all did their damn thing respectively, but Richie straight brought the house down. So without getting to nerdy or analytical on it let me just say that, even though it's still January I'm willing to bet this will reign as my favorite album of the year. If you go to the Rec-League website routinefly.com you can buy the album, grab free mixtapes and tracks from the whole crew and get a little insider information about some of the best emcees in the Bay right now... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR!


No comments:

Post a Comment